All RhubarbLondon furniture complies with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations 1998.
RhubarbLondon also holds a License to manufacture bedding, upholstered furniture and related products in the United States and conforms with the strict fire retardant regulations in this territory.
Terms & Conditions
1. In these terms and conditions, ‘the Company’ means RhubarbLondon LLP and ‘the Buyer’ means a company, firm or person who places an order with the Company for the supply of goods and or services.
2. These terms and conditions shall govern and form part of every contract for the sale of goods and or services entered into by the Company. No variation of or addition to these terms and conditions shall be binding upon the Company unless expressly accepted by the Company in writing under the hand of a duly authorized officer of the Company.
3. Quotations and tenders are open for acceptance for the period stated therein or, if no period is stated, within 3 months of the date issued.
4. Except where they are accepting written quotations or tenders of Company, orders must be made in writing and shall not be binding upon the Company unless accepted by the Company in writing and made subject to these terms and conditions. Orders are accepted by the Company subject to the Buyer’s credit being approved by the Company. No cancellation or waiver of an order by the Buyer shall be effective unless made in writing and until accepted in writing by the Company.
5. The Company reserves the right to levy cancellation charges that shall take into account all expenses incurred and commitments made by the Company and all losses due to such cancellation.
6. a) If the goods supplied to you are damaged on delivery you should notify the Company in writing within 2 working days of delivery. Save in the case of death or personal injury caused by its or its employees’ negligence, Company’s liability shall be limited to the value of the order. b) No responsibility will be accepted by the Company for loss or damage to any goods following delivery. c) The Company will not be liable for loss or damage occasioned by delay in delivery, howsoever caused and any delivery dates quoted are subject to this condition. d) Unless in excess of 3 (Three) months, delay in delivery or despatch shall not render the contract subject to cancellation by the Buyer.
7. a) All prices include only such goods, and work as are specified in the quotation. Any Buyer requested variation may entail the Company varying the price of the goods and or services provided. b) The Company makes every effort to maintain prices quoted. The Company does however reserve the right to alter the price of the goods and or services provided at any time before delivery or execution to take in account all or any of the following factors: (i) Where instructions received by the Company from the Buyer prove to be inaccurate or insufficient. (ii) Increased costs resulting from charges or special taxes imposed by any government.
8. The normal terms of the Company is 50% payable on placement of order with balance payable prior to delivery. The Company shall not be required to deliver without payment in full, unless the parties agree in writing other payment terms.
9. Force Majeure. a) The Company shall have no liability to the Buyer if its performance of the contract is prevented or hindered by any cause whatsoever beyond the Company’s reasonable control and in particular, but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, by act of God, war, restrictions or prohibitions of any government act or omission, whether local or national, fire, flood, subsidence, sabotage or accident. b) in the event that such circumstances render the Company inoperable for a period of 4 (four) consecutive months then any deposit paid by the Buyer shall be returned.
10. Warranty. All goods supplied by the Supplier are warranted free from defects in materials and manufacture for 24 months from the date of delivery (unless otherwise stated). This warranty does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident and negligence by the Buyer or any third party, use otherwise than as recommended by the Company, failure to follow the Company's instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without the Company's approval. If the goods supplied to you develop a defect while under warranty you should notify the Company in writing within 7 days of the date you discovered the damage, defect or complaint.
11. The construction, validity and performance of this Contract will be governed by the Law of England and the parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.